Rent a Street Sweeping
Construction Street Sweeping – Consistent is Better
Construction street sweeping is not a cost, it is an investment. Limiting airborne dust and keeping waterways clean during construction may not seem important, however many consider it to be essential for cleanliness, keeping sediments, tracked soil and eroding off roads and completely out of water drainage systems. Believe it or not, the best way to alleviate water and air pollution is to simply sweep it off the streets, typically through construction street sweeping. And that is why, construction sweeping is considered to be an investment, and not a cost.
Keeping The Municipality (and Neighbors) Happy
- Construction street sweeping is required by the municipality where the project is being constructed. It is necessary to comply with EPA storm-water runoff rules since construction street sweeping is a valuable tool in the fight against all types of pollution. These rules also help to prevent storm-water drains from becoming clogged with dirt.
- Water runoff that picks soil, sand, and silt from construction sites can harm coastal waters, lakes, rivers, and overtax sewer storm systems. And that is why the EPA has developed rules in order to require construction companies and home builders with developing and maintaining a SWPPP (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan) that addresses and recognizes all the erosion control.
Reducing Pollution, Maintaining the Environment
- Construction street sweeping also helps to reduce the amount of pollutants that enter the storm-water system. Although the EPA completely establishes a recognized national standard definition, many construction companies may fall under the jurisdiction of a country, state, or even localized stormwater anti-pollution regulation.
- As mentioned above, SWPPP describes all activities of the construction site’s operator in order to control erosion and sedimentation, curb stormwater contamination, and completely comply with the needs of the Clean Water Act. In case of bigger construction companies, it is essential to have staff responsible for sediment and erosion control and proper stormwater management.
Making a Good Visual Impression
- Construction sweeping also improves the cleanliness of the site. Routine construction sweeping can not only result in improved aesthetics, but also lead to improved environmental conditions along with cost savings. This in turn can also help with sales and marketing efforts as well as keeping the interiors of construction site buildings free of mud and dirt.
- Regular sweeping can deal with all types of materials, including concrete spills, asphalt pieces, construction and mud debris. If these debris are not dealt with, it usually clogs the gutters, and when it rains most of the debris are washed into the drains where they eventually could lead to blockages and possible flooding that affects homeowners and roadways.